Power, Water, Sewer & Cable TV & High-Speed Internet
Electric & Water Service: (828) 438-5245
To turn on or transfer Electric or Water/Sewer service
- Go in person to the Customer Service Desk in City Hall at 305 East Union Street, Suite A100. You can turn into the main City Hall Parking lot from Bouchelle Street, or East Union Street. Walk under the water tower (Morganton Trading Company) into the City Hall offices.
Need directions to City Hall?
- Take one of the following:
- a North Carolina driver's license
- another state driver's license
- a government issued picture ID.
Deposits for Residential Service
The City of Morganton follows a varying, credit-based deposit policy. The standard deposit is $400.00 for all utilities – electric, water and sewer. Customers do have the option to apply for a lower deposit at an additional cost of $10.00. If a customer wishes to apply for a lower deposit, the City will run a verification check to determine his eligibility.
Customers with great credit will receive a green light and will be eligible for a deposit rate of $190.00.
$130 for electric
$20 for water
$40 for sewer
$190 total deposit
Customers with good credit will receive a yellow light and will be eligible for a deposit rate of $300.00
$210 for electric
$30 for water
$60 for sewer
$300 total deposit
Customers with poor credit will receive a red light and must pay the standard $400.00 deposit to receive service.
$280 for electric
$40 for water
$80 for sewer
$400 total deposit (standard deposit)
Some exceptions apply:
- Water customers who live outside the City limits must pay double the amount for water deposits
- Homeowners do not have to pay a deposit.
- Customers with a one year payment history without late fees being assessed do not have to pay a deposit.
A letter of credit from another utility company stating that he/she has had a good payment history for the past 12 months may also be provided in lieu of a cash deposit.
Deposits for Commercial Service: Call 438-5245 for details. For questions about transferring or turning on service, call 438-5245.
Cable TV, Internet and Home Phone: (828) 438-5353
To get Cable TV, Internet and Home Phone Service
- Please go in person to City Hall at 305 East Union Street, Suite A100.
- Go to Cable Services with the following:
- A government issued picture ID
- First month's payment
Click here to go to the Compas Website.