Public Information Office
The Public Information Office is responsible for promoting and providing information about City Government and City Services to the citizens of Morganton. The PIO will also help citizens find answers to their questions about City government and services.
Joshua Harris, the City's Public Information Officer, communicates with residents and promotes City services and programs by:
- writing City press releases
- maintaining the City website
- publishing City Pride, the City newsletter
- producing informational videos and Public Services Announcements
- educating residents about programs such as the stormwater and air quality and water conservation
- creating documents and publications for City departments.
If you have a question and need help finding the answer, call 432-2516
City Pride is a bi-monthly newsletter mailed to all Morganton residents who receive a City utility bill. The City mails about 13,500 utility bills a month. City Pride provides a great opportunity to communicate directly with residents and let our citizens know what's happening in their community.